Policy in effect as of: 11/08/11
Our Privacy Commitment to You
Creating an Account on our site and within our Mobile Applications
In order to use our Web site or our mobile applications, we request certain personally identifiable information from you on the registration forms and require you to create a username and password. During registration you are required to give contact information (such as email address). We use this information to contact you about the services on our site and within our mobile applications in which you have expressed interest.
Communications from the Site
Special Offers and Updates
We will occasionally send you information on products, services, special deals, promotions.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, we provide you a way to unsubscribe.
We will send you service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email.
Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
We provide you the opportunity to opt-out of having your personal information used for certain purposes, when we ask for this information. For example, if you use our service but do not wish to receive promotional emails or newsletters from us, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Facebook/ Google Connect
Conversely, if you are not currently registered as a Catch user and you click on “Sign in Using Facebook or Google,” you will first be asked to enter your Facebook or Google credentials and then be given the option to register and join Catch. Once you register on the Catch sites and Connect with Facebook or Google, you will be able to automatically post recent activity back to Facebook or Google. You have the option to disable Facebook or Google Connect at any time by logging into “My Profile” and clicking on “My Facebook Profile.” Further, you can edit privacy settings for the reviews that appear on Facebook or disconnect this service by visiting the Facebook Application Settings page.
We collect your location data to provide location services that you have requested, you may at any time opt-out from further allowing us to have access to your location data. You may do so by un-checked the “Location tagging” checkbox in Settings of our apps.
We provide you the option of tagging a certain location. Location tagging allows you to attach a location to a note. This location information is only visible to the owner of the note.
We Make Smart Apps for People Like You
Your Privacy is Not for Sale
Catch.com may share your data with others outside of Catch.com only under the following circumstances:
- You give us explicit consent to share the data;
- We need to share your data to fulfill your product or service request;
- We wish to contact you with information about products and services from our business partners, which we may do unless you “opt-out” of such communications by contacting us via the contact form, or by clicking the unsubscribe link found within Catch.com email updates;
- We have a good faith belief that sharing or otherwise permitting access, disclosure, use or preservation of such data is reasonably necessary in order to comply with our legal obligations;
- You have explicitly requested information from Catch.com business partners, in which case it will be clear at the point of request who is storing the personal data and whose privacy statement will apply;
- We believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or potential threats against persons or property;
- We have a relationship with an affiliate or partner that you have an online or off-line (non-Internet) relationship with, or have visited the affiliate or partner’s web site that links to or mentions Catch.com’s web site, and have registered for Catch.com’s online services through the partner or affiliate’s program or web site;
- As required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web site;
- An email service provider to send out emails on our behalf, a credit card processor to bill you for goods and services. These third parties will only have access to the information as necessary for them to provide that service. These third parties are prohibited from using your personal information for promotional purposes.
Your Notes are Private Until You Choose to Share
The security and privacy of your personal notes content is our top priority. We do not see your notes. We do not share your notes. Only you can access your notes, and only you can share your notes and make them publicly accessible. Our Shared Spaces feature also gives you the ability to put your notes in a Space and allows you to share that Space only with a person that you choose. That person can then share the Space containing your note with other persons of her choice by adding these persons to your Space. However, you have the ultimate control over who can access a Shared Space that you create and you may elect to remove any unwanted persons from your Space at any time after they have been added to your Space. Once removed, these persons will no longer be able to see notes in your Space.
Your Information is Confidential
Account information data like your email address, user name, account and contact preferences, etc., are considered strictly confidential. Catch.com may communicate with you regarding any changes to your account settings information, deliver product announcements, software updates and special offers, and improve the features and usability of our products. When you invite other people to Catch through our referral program, we send them a one-time email invitation. You may also provide us with your contacts' email addresses when you share spaces with them. Similarly, we may also receive personal information such as your email address through others, for example if they share a space with you or refer you to Catch. You may opt-out of communications with Catch.com com at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each email communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registered Catch.com users can view and change their account settings information at any time by visiting the Catch.com account information page by signing in at https://catch.com and clicking on the “Settings” link. Unregistered users may still be able to use certain Catch.com web sites and services, in which case no account settings data is stored.
Continuing to Improve Your Experience
Catch.com looks at anonymous aggregate analytical data about visits from the browser or our application on computers or mobile devices, IP addresses, cookies, pages requested, where computer and mobile devices are used, geographic information, numbers of notes created, numbers of images uploaded, etc. for ways to improve. We analyze trends, administer the site, improve navigation of the site, gather broad demographic data for aggregate use for internal purposes. This anonymous data may be shared with partners (note that IP addresses are not linked to “personally identifiable data”).
You’re in Control of Your Stuff
You may elect to terminate your participation in the services at any time and/or delete information and material you have posted to any note. If you cancel your account, or delete any note or note content, it will no longer be accessible to you or others who may access the service that you may have shared content with, but there may continue to be residual copies of such data due to the nature of the computer system’s operation and ongoing data back-up and archiving.
How to Update or Correct your Personal Information
If your personal Information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, delete accuracies, or remove it by making the change within the settings section of the site or by going into the account section within the mobile applications or by emailing us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
If you use the blog on this Web site, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there may be read, collected, or used by other users of these blogs, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these blogs.
What’s in a Name? You!
The Catch.com web site allows you to create a “Catch.com Username” based on your account settings data. This is required in order to take full advantage of the Catch.com services and any downloadable software products. It also allows Catch.com to provide more personalized and convenient service and saves time when you want to use the Catch.com services, update your software or settings, or search for Catch.com-related information.
You Can Share Your Stuff
The Shared Space feature allows you to share your notes with others. However, any data that you post to a Shared Space may be read, collected or used by other users with access to that Shared Space, and could enable others to send you unsolicited messages. Catch.com enables you to determine whether or not to post personal or otherwise sensitive data to a Shared Space, and so you should carefully consider how you use the services. Catch.com is not responsible for any publication or use of any personal data you choose to post to a Shared Space.
Cookies Can Be Tasty, and Good for Your Experience!
You can configure your browser to accept cookies, reject cookies or notify you when a cookie is being used. However, if you configure your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use Catch.com products or services that require you to sign in or take advantage of all the features of Catch.com.
Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs)
Our third party advertising partner employs a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personally identifiable information.
Catch.com uses analytics within our mobile applications to track page views, how may times users have opened a certain app, the pages users view while using the app, etc. We do not tie the information gathered through these analytics to our customers’ personal information.
Links Get You Where You Want to Go
Secure? Shields are Up!
Catch.com is committed to protecting the security of your data and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. However, Internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure and as a result we cannot ensure the security of data you transmit to us; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your data transmission, we make all commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems:
- Your Catch.com password and geo location data are protected by encryption and only you have access to it;
- Your personal and sensitive data stored in our systems is protected by various physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. It is housed in a secure facility and Catch.com restricts physical and network access to this facility to select trained staff and regularly evaluates its technologies, facilities, procedures and potential risks to maintain the security and privacy of our users’ data. As a rule, Catch.com employees do not monitor or view your personal data stored in the Catch.com service, but it may be viewed if we learn that our Terms of Service may have been violated and confirmation is required, or we otherwise determine that we have an obligation to review it; and
- Certain Catch.com services support the use of standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions. However, this is not a guarantee that such data transmissions cannot be accessed, altered or deleted due to firewall or other security software failures.
- If Catch.com learns of a security system breach we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the e-mail address that you supplied during registration or posting a notice on our web site. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive such notices in writing. To request written notice of any security breach in writing, please send an e-mail with your request and mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org or via postal mail to the address in the Contact Us section below.
Sale or Reorganization of Catch.com
13 Years of Age and Older
Catch.com is not currently directed to children and we currently require users to verify that they are at least 13 years of age upon registration. We will not knowingly store personal data relating to children under 13 years of age, and if we learn that we have inadvertently done so, we will promptly delete it.
We are Notes Without Borders
Catch.com abides by the safe harbor framework set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data collected from the European Union. Click here for more information about the U.S. Department of Commerce Safe Harbor Program.
We are Listening to You and Adding New Goodies!
If we decide to change our privacy practices, we will post those changes to this privacy statement, the home page, and other places we deem appropriate so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we change how we use your personally identifiable information, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page.Mailing Address: Catch.com, Inc. ATTN: Privacy Compliance 2995 Woodside Road Suite 400-444 Woodside, CA 94062